Manager, Business Continuity
- Published: Monday, 09 April 2018 07:55
Location: US, IL, Chicago
Company: Early Warning Services
This position will be responsible for providing hands-on subject matter expertise in support of the Business Continuity program. Reporting to the Director of Business Continuity, this is a highly visible position that will collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization in order to implement a sound, proactive and comprehensive Business Continuity program that will enable Early Warning to plan for and respond to a business interruption event.
The responsibilities of this position include leading the execution of the Business Continuity Lifecycle which provides a framework for a common enterprise approach for the governance, development, execution and sustainability of the BCM Program. This role includes being tactical in conducting organizational research; performing and evaluating business impact analyses and risk assessments; developing program policies, plans and procedures; coordinating testing and exercise activities; and providing training and awareness communications.
- Coordinate and monitor all project management activities to execute all phases of the full Business Continuity program lifecycle
- Develop policies, procedures, templates, standards and documentation in support of the deployment, management and sustainability of the program
- Monitors and reports on the the execution of the vision and direction for business continuity lifecycle planning, including the business impact analysis, risk assessment, recovery planning and recovery testing, education and awareness. Ensures the maintenance of a continuous improvement methodology and updated response and recovery plans.
- Create and communicate program requirements and processes, and provde consulting/advisory support to help the business meet expectations
- Perform regular reviews and updates to all program materials in order to ensure that the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained
- Research and incorporate both industry and corporate best practices into the Business Continuity program methodology as appropriate
- Perform continuous monitoring of program activities in order to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction and enhanced operational efficiency
- Maintain accurate and complete program performance metrics and develop management reports as necessary
- Prepare and deliver program results to support the business units in prioritization and management of the program life cycle phases
- Providing leadership to and serve in a rotating capacity for other BC team members
- Track, monitor, report and respond as required to internal and external audits
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.