Six benefits of modernizing your backup infrastructure
If an organization’s backup system was designed before data volumes began to grow exponentially – or before IT infrastructures became highly virtualized – the company may find itself in a tight spot. Modernization is the key, and Logicalis US has identified six benefits CIOs can realize by updating their organization’s data storage and backup infrastructure.
1. Stop wasting time: shorten the time IT and storage managers spend searching for new backup and recovery technologies and suppliers as well as implementing the best solution.
2. Unify backup and disaster recovery: reduce complexity by taking a unified approach to data backup and disaster recovery.
3. Leverage existing investments: lower costs with newer technologies that allow the company to leverage existing investments more efficiently.
4. Increase performance: deploy additional storage options such as flash, SAN or NAS disk tiers, tape, and cloud storage to accelerate responsiveness and performance.
5. Streamline recovery: streamline the organization’s ability to recover applications and data from diverse environments.
6. Manage growth: manage data growth by deploying global deduplication and rapid snapshot-based protection.
•Date: 20th March 2015 • US/World •Type: Article • Topic:: ICT continuity
To submit news stories to Continuity Central, e-mail the editor.
Want an RSS newsfeed for your website? Click here