Vision Solutions has announced the release of Double-Take version 6.0, an update on its flagship business continuity product. Double-Take 6.0 provides affordable real-time asynchronous data replication, enabling immediate recovery from any system outage.
Vision Solutions says that six critical attributes make Double-Take 6.0 a best-in-class solution:
- Ease of Use – The initial set up and ongoing management is automated allowing IT service teams to set it and forget it.
- Plug & Play Protection – A pre-configured universal virtual recovery appliance provides options for extending virtualized environments.
- Real-Time Replication – Complete, comprehensive replication in real-time instead of snapshots ensures uninterrupted availability and virtually eliminates data loss.
- No Downtime Migrations – Replication technology allows users to remain active while production environments are recreated on new systems.
- Platform Independence – The solution is hardware and storage independent and even works with different hardware and storage on both ends. And, it also can protect any application.
- Simplified Management – A unified console provides a single window into the availability environment.
Double-Take 6.0 offers the following new features:
- Point-in-time recovery for P2V environments – Operating alongside real-time data replication, point-in-time recovery allows customers to set up and manage scheduled VSS snapshots for protected environments across Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware platforms.
- Universal Virtual Recovery Appliance - Preconfigured virtual software appliance that automates the installation and configuration of availability environments. Auto-provisioning of the virtual environment needed to support the Universal Virtual Recovery Appliance saves time and reduces errors.
- Protection for Hyper-V virtual machines with CSV – Support for Hyper-V machines using Clustered Shared Volumes, including one-click failover and reverse allowing users to move VMs between hosts as required.
- Application protection workflows – Built-in, application-specific workflows operated from the new unified Double-Take Management Console protect key applications, such as Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server, and virtualization platforms, such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Support for PowerShell – Enables users to manage and automate tasks using PowerShell, Microsoft’s task-based automation scripting language.
•Date: 13th June 2012 • World •Type: Article • Topic: ICT continuity