BSI has published an article which explores whether an organization should align or certify to BS 25999. Written by Hilary Estall the article looks at the advantages and disadvantages of alignment and certification
Alignment advantages include:
* You have a benchmark against BS 25999-2:2007
* It provides a framework for a robust business continuity management system (BCMS)
* There is no audit requirement
* You can get a competitive advantage
* It will be easier to enter the BS 25999 certification process when you are ready.
* You have no formal approval mark by a recognised third party
* You can lose potential clients to BS 29555 certified organisations
Certification advantages include:
* Your BCMS is verified by a third party certification body
* Certification can give you a competitive edge
* No quibble evidence available to submit for tenders, supplier questionnaires.
* Initial and annual cost to achieve and maintain certification.
Read the article.
•Date: 17th Sept 2010 • Region: World •Type: Article •Topic: BC standards
Rate this article or make a comment - click here