Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Company: Cigna International
Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 p.a. + benefits
CIGNA is a leading provider of group healthcare programmes for employees of large multinational organisations and their families. With our continuing global expansion we have an excellent opportunity within our shared services centre for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and driven individual to join our legal and compliance team.
The successful candidate will support the Business Continuity (BC) Manager in ensuring the UK based operations maintain and improve the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). This will include certifying that the BCMS remains in compliance with BS 25999. The role will involve working closely with the BC Manager and other individuals/teams with business continuity roles and responsibilities.
- To carry out specific work in connection with the maintenance of the BCMS including the review of various BC plans. Identifying areas for improvement within these and provide training as appropriate (including assisting with/creating the relevant training materials to be used), reviewing existing BC processes/plans to ensure effectiveness, and monitoring on an ongoing basis against best practice standards/business requirements.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the relocation strategy for the UK based operations by understanding the requirements of the various business lines and implementing an effective strategy to compliment.
- Ensure that BC exercises are carried out in accordance with the determined BC Exercise Schedule. This will includes IT based exercises to adequately assess effectiveness of disaster recovery provisions. As well as ensuring that staff receive appropriate training as per their roles and responsibilities to certify their competencies in these roles.
- Carry out various activities to raise staff awareness levels re BC management within the organisation.
- Support both internal and external customers in matters relating to BC. Including assisting sales/legal team in reviewing contract clauses/tenders from a BC perspective and responding appropriately.
- Provide general assistance for the company’s BS 25999 accreditation to further embed BC. This will include familiarisation with the company’s policy, business continuity plans and related documentation/processes.
- Produce reports to various management groups relating providing required updates on BC.
- Assist impacted areas/teams in responding to live incidents.
- Provide ad-hoc support where required to assist international offices with the business continuity plans.
Proven experience of working in a Business Continuity role. Past experience in a financial services organization would be beneficial. Ideal candidates will good knowledge and experience of implementing BCMS in other companies. Have a good working knowledge of BC best practice is required as well as sound understanding of BCM.
A relevant BC qualification is preferred such a being a certified member of the Business Continuity Institute.
A degree in a relevant discipline such as risk management or another relevant degree would be an ideal qualification for the successful candidate.
- Analytical, problem solving and a ability to implement effective solutions using creative drive
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Confident and effective provision of information to stakeholders enabling them to make accurate decisions based on the information provided
- Provision of quality presentations/training in a variety of settings
- Comfortable in challenging the business in order to improve processes that are in place
- Informed decision making based on knowledge of industry standards and policies
- Keyboard and word processing skills
- Proactive in approach to work
- Good record keeping skills
- Team player but also with ability to work alone and drive specific areas of responsibility
Claire Griffiths née Martin
•Date: 9th August 2012 •Region: UK