Location: Home Based
Company: Specsavers UK
Reporting to Director of Group Services
Key internal relationships Group functional heads, business continuity coordinators, JV partners
Key external relationships Business continuity service providers, contractors, and suppliers
Working patterns/hours 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday
The business continuity function manages the implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating and maintaining a business continuity capability within the group. The function seeks to promote business continuity principals within the business and guide managers in their responsibility to ensure that continuity practices are developed and maintained.
The Senior Business Continuity Manager will provide leadership in developing policy, strategy and business continuity processes, as well as managing and co-ordinating the delivery of the day-to-day continuity activity associated with identifying requirements, planning, training, testing / exercising and on-going maintenance. The role will require extensive travel to Guernsey, Nottingham and Whitely as well as other group sites as required.
- Align and promote the business continuity management activities across the group with a specific focus on Guernsey and the UK.
- Consistent and proactive promotion and support of the development of business continuity activity within all locations, including manufacturing, distribution and other international sites.
- Working with senior managers to define and drive the implementation of the business continuity strategy ensuring that the group has efficient and adequate solutions in place.
- Liaison with managers and staff at all levels to promote the purpose of and requirement for business continuity across the group.
- Responsible for the overall management of the group’s continuity locations. This will include the dedicated recovery site in Guernsey as well as relationships with third party vendor sites where they exist for other group locations.
- Manage, develop and coordinate the group’s crisis, incident and business recovery plans.
- Developing relationships with key business functions in order to support the ownership and enhancement of continuity plans, continuity requirements and solutions.
- Manage contractors and suppliers used by the group to support business continuity activity.
- Ongoing management of the ClearView and Criticall tools used for supporting business continuity activity.
- Collaboration with IT to ensure the integration and alignment of the technical recovery capability into the overall continuity programme.
- Liaison with Information Technology team to establish technical testing and exercise priorities.
- Development and delivery of training and exercise programmes across group sites, to include the design, management and facilitation of workshops, group training and simulation exercises.
- Responsibility for cost centre budgeting, status reporting and expense management.
- Participation and membership of the group crisis management team.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the entire group.
The individual will provide professional, specialised skills, including, business continuity planning, project management, risk analysis and problem resolution. An ability to effectively lead a business continuity program for a global retail organisation, communicate with senior management, peers, and partners . The individual is a subject matter expert in their field; has held a senior business continuity position at other organisations, listens well/utilises information; shares ideas and information; develops rapport with other employees; pays attention to detail; manages time and priorities; demonstrates effective problem solving skills; portrays a positive attitude; flexible; adjusts well to change; complies with company standards/policies/procedures; displays professionalism.
Essential skills include
- Proven ability to deliver independently with minimal supervision
- Strong PC skills and an ability to self learn new tools and software
- Good general knowledge and understanding of technology
- Proven ability to manage multiple project / work streams concurrently
Desirable skills include
- Outgoing personality
- BCI membership
Passion for Customers
- Takes time and builds relationships to understand customers’ business objectives
- Ensures that customers believe their issues are given the highest priority
- Builds credibility and trust with customers through open and direct communication
- Nurtures partnerships which integrate the objectives of customers with those of the companies
- Reviews and approves processes and procedures to deliver improved customer results
Making it Happen
- Speaks directly to teams and individuals about issues affecting results
- Sets an example in time management and work life balance and has time for others
- Challenges consistently and applies experience to remove obstacles to success
- Communicates the impact of actions on business results
- Displays energy and passion that engages others
Change and Innovation
- Deals with complexity and articulates the need for change
- Recommends and implements new ways of doing things
- Maintains personal and team effectiveness in times of change, inspires positive action
- Helps others adapt and cope with change
- Translates concepts into reality
Working with People
- Builds diverse teams that are creative and energetic
- Involves the team in decision making
- Gives people the chance to express their feelings and to challenge each other
- Invites team members to lead and build a fun and productive team environment
- Explain complex matters in simple terms
- Recognises and alleviates team pressure points by finding alternative solutions
Managing and Developing
- Leads by example in how they work and interactions with others
- Influences the effectiveness of others by their presence and actions
- Challenges others’ thinking or decisions when they believe a better result is possible
- Acknowledges personal contribution and spontaneously recognises others
- Coaches others for the benefit of the organisation and considers succession
- Provides an overview and direction that inspires others to set goals, make plans and deliver business results
Understanding our Business
- Adapts and agrees own objectives and prioritises work to align with business objectives
- Understands the product/our industry and own department’s role in achieving success
- Recognises trends and collects information to recommend changes needed
- Reviews the use of technology to achieve productivity advantages
APPLY ONLINE HERE
•Date: 2nd July 2012 •Region: UK