Location: Newark, NJ, US
The Business Continuity Management Analyst position requires an entry level understanding of Business Continuity Management. The candidate should have professional, specialized skills including project management, problem analysis and resolution related to Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Incident/Emergency Management. Knowledge of Business Impact Analysis is needed. The analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of BCM best practices suitable to Horizon's way of doing business.
- Assist & coordinate with the annual BCM plan maintenance, including over
100+ Business Impact Analysis for the business functions.
- Assist in the development of recovery strategies in collaboration with the Disaster Recovery and IT team for approval by the business owners and senior management.
- Provide maintenance and reporting of the BCM plans status to the Business Continuity Manager.
- Assist in BCM training and awareness for areas of coverage.
- Assist in coordination and documentation of 25+ annual BCM exercises.
- Provide support and subject matter expertise to the business unit areas during a business disruption.
- Other related duties as appropriate, with responsibilities growing over time.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 1-3 year experience in the Business Continuity, Incident Management or Disaster Recovery field. Skills should include:
- Good written and verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Good analytical and judgment skills
- Organization and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-through and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Understanding of information technology & business processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to utilize reference materials and other resources to learn and apply new information
- Knowledge and application of the Business Continuity Management professional practices Educational Background:
- A four year degree is strongly preferred
- ABCP or CBCP certification a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, a dynamic work environment, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, apply online at http://www.horizon-bcbsnj.com/careers/openpositions.html and search for job id 29140. We are located in Newark, NJ and are convenient to bus, train and PATH.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Making Healthcare Work
•Date: 11th June 2012 •Region: US