Location: US, Chicago
Agency: CME Group
Background to Role:
CME Group is committed to the further development of its Business Continuity Management and Crisis Management Programs. As a part of this on-going effort, we are seeking to further develop our Crisis Management Program. In order to achieve this goal, we are looking to hire a Director, Business Continuity Planning who can own, lead, and further develop our existing Crisis Management Program. This position will report into the Executive Director of Business Continuity Management within the Operations Division.
This role will further establish overall strategy and direction for Crisis Management at CMEG. This will require an in-depth understanding of CMEG’s customers, competitors and industry issues. This position will also require analysis and integration of multiple sources of information to resolve issues and make decisions. This role will be responsible for bringing together leaders in each division to ensure a consistent process and effective communication plan. This role requires learning on the fly, making decisions with ambiguity and problem solving. This role will also include responsibility for ensuring regulatory and policy compliance for the team.
• Spearhead the Crisis Management planning for the exchange.
• Own and deliver Crisis Management Programs while ensuring regulatory and policy compliance.
• Facilitate the Divisional Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Lead Event Planning and response to real time operational or crisis events for CMEG.
• Liaise with the Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Audit teams and the Audit Committee.
• Provide Regulatory and Compliance Oversight for the team.
• Assist in the planning of the annual Disaster recovery exercises
• 5-10 years of experience in the financial sector. Trading or exchange environment preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in Crisis Management.
• Experience managing communications/public relations related efforts.
• Demonstrated record of developing and executing successful business strategies and plans.
• Strong collaboration skills and prior experience interacting effectively across all levels of an organization including senior management.
• Well-developed business acumen and program implementation skills, complemented by strategic expertise and sound business judgment.
• Proven abilities to influence others and to achieve tangible business results.
• Experience leading teams in a matrix environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Psychology or Communications
• CBCP Preferred
•Date: 3rd May 2012 •Region: US