Proceedings from the 2017 Global platform for disaster risk reduction now available
- Published: Tuesday, 24 October 2017 12:22
UNISDR has announced that the proceedings of The Fifth Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, which took place from 24th to 26th May 2017 in Cancún, Mexico, are now available.
UNISDR says that the Leaders’ Forum, ministerial roundtables, plenary sessions, special sessions, working sessions and special events generated substantive exchanges on key issues and concrete guidance for further action, clustered as follows according to the Sendai Framework’s four priorities for action:
- Priority 1: Understanding disaster risk
- Priority 2: Strengthening disaster risk governance to manage disaster risk
- Priority 3: Investing in disaster risk reduction for resilience
- Priority 4: Enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response and to ‘Build Back Better’ in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Read the proceeding here (PDF).