The Continuity 2.0 manifesto
- Published: Wednesday, 23 September 2015 08:40
High profile business continuity commentators David Lindstedt and Mark Armour have launched an attempt to take business continuity to the next level. They have published ‘Continuity 2.0’ which ‘establishes nine principles to found a new methodology, synthesizing and fostering improvements and innovations across the industry’.
The nine principles are:
- Deliver continuous value
- Document only for mnemonics
- Engage at many levels within the organization
- Exercise for improvement, not for testing
- Learn the business
- Measure and benchmark
- Obtain incremental direction from leadership
- Omit the risk assessment and business impact analysis
- Prepare for effects, not causes.
Lindstedt and Armour have developed the Continuity 2.0 in response to their view that traditional approaches to business continuity planning have become increasingly ineffectual.
Future Continuity 2.0 developments can be tracked at http://www.continuity20.org/