Is business impact management the next stage for the BIA?
- Published: Thursday, 27 April 2017 09:46
Fusion has published a white paper which sets out its vision for ‘business impact management,’ a new approach that builds on the traditional business impact analysis (BIA).
The white paper ‘Business impact management: a 10-step guide to moving beyond the traditional BIA’ explains how business impact management provides greater levels of resilience, lower costs of mitigation, more effective response, and faster recovery from disruption.
The ten steps described in the paper are:
- Define your processes
- Gather impact data
- Simplify the impact profile
- Develop the criticality profile
- Map dependencies
- Establish mitigation measures
- Track mitigation measures
- Create actionable information
- Establish performance metrics
- Drive engagement and outcomes.