Business continuity training
Continuity Central supports the training courses provided by the Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
The BCI offers world-class, high-quality training, delivered by BCI licensed Training Partners located around the globe and online. All Training Partners are experienced and respected business continuity professionals, bringing a wealth of real-life experience to the courses:
BCI Training is:
- Based on the Good Practice Guidelines, which is the comprehensive and independent body of knowledge for business continuity;
- Designed to meet the current and future needs of business continuity professionals worldwide;
- Delivered by a global network of BCI licensed training partners or online;
- Leads to an internationally recognised credential in BC; and
- Enables you to develop specialist skills to improve your expertise in BCI
- BCI Training provides business continuity professionals with the knowledge and skills they need.
BCI Good Practice Guidelines Training Course (Certification)
The BCI Good Practice Guidelines Training Course (Certification) is designed for those individuals seeking to complement practical experience in business continuity. It is aimed at those professionals wishing to achieve an internationally recognised qualification in business continuity through the Certificate of the BCI Examination (CBCI). It is the perfect choice for BC professionals aspiring to become a Statutory member of the BCI, which provides internationally recognised status and demonstrates both professional and technical competency in BC.
The training material is based entirely on the Good Practice Guidelines and is delivered by a global network of Licensed Training Partners or online: You can
- Take an instructor-led classroom based training course in many locations around the world and sit the examination, usually in a paper and pencil format, at the end of the course (completed in 3-5 days). You can also take a classroom based course and opt for the online examination at a later date.
- Take an instructor-led CBCI online training course and then take an online exam securely at your own computer. This course is delivered over a period of eight weeks in an interactive eLearning environment by Bucks New University via the University’s Blackboard Learning System. Each session lasts two hours with two sessions scheduled for each of the eight weeks, giving you a total of 32 hours of training.
- More details about the course
- Find courses by date
- Find courses by location
Higher education: The BCI Diploma
The BCI Diploma enables individuals to achieve a formal, internationally recognised academic qualification in business continuity and is delivered in partnership with Buckinghamshire New University as a distance learning programme.
This course has been developed in response to industry demand and is designed to meet the current and future needs of business continuity professionals working in the industry worldwide.
Who should consider doing the BCI Diploma?
- Business continuity professionals seeking international recognition of their professional and technical competency and experience in business continuity through the achievement of an internationally-recognised academic qualification
- Business continuity professionals seeking to join the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) as a Statutory member via the Alternative Route to Membership
- Individuals considering embarking on a career in business continuity.
Professional Practices Training
The BCI Professional Practices Training courses have been designed to build on the management and technical practices as described in the Good Practice Guidelines and take them to the next level. These courses provide continuity and resilience professionals with an in-depth learning experience with experienced instructors to focus on key stages of the BCM Lifecycle with the goal of building organizational resilience.
These new courses reflect current global thinking in each area and refer to the relevant national and international standards.
Professional Practices Training courses:
- The Advanced Business Impact Analysis (BIA) Training Course
- Designing and Delivering Effective Exercises
- Incident Response and Crisis Management
- Policy and Programme Management
- Supply Chain Continuity Management Course
- Writing Business Continuity Plans Course
The BCI Introduction to Business Continuity
This two day course is a basic introduction to the world of business continuity. It is designed as a first step for newcomers to the subject of BC and for those for whom BC may be a part of their role or responsibilities who need to have a good understanding of the subject. It provides the beginner with the basic knowledge and understanding of the subject.
This course covers all six elements of the BCM Lifecycle and is based on global good practice as described in the Business Continuity Institute's Good Practice Guidelines and the international standard for Business Continuity ISO 22301.
eLearning Building Resilience Course
This online self-paced interactive learning experience has been designed for anyone who needs to understand what business continuity is all about and how essential it is in building resilience in an organization. The course is built on the core principles of the Business Continuity Management Lifecycle as described in the BCI’s Good Practice Guidelines. It contains audio advice from experts and provides answers to common issues faced by those practicing BC in any organization. (Takes approximately 8 hours to complete).
Module One - What is Business Continuity?
Module Two - How do I establish and Manage Business Continuity?
Module Three - How do I embed Business Continuity within the organization?
Module Four - How do I analyse the organization’s Business Continuity requirements?
Module Five - How do I design the organization’s Business Continuity solutions?
Module Six - What plans do I develop and how?
If you need to ask any questions about BCI training and education email email@example.com