Sr. Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Tuesday, 09 January 2018 16:04
Location: US, Georgia, Columbus
Assists in development of risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for central and distributed systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters. Tests plans with various operational and support groups in IT. Involved in the evaluation and selection of vendors to ensure service level agreement meet business continuance and disaster recovery planning requirements.
- Develops basic and complex Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR) and Emergency Response plans to effectively minimize the impact of internal and/or external threats to the hard and soft assets of the organization and assists with the implementation of BC/DR plans. Maintains and updates plan documents to ensure compliance with local/state/federal requirements and industry best practices. Uses Business Continuity methodologies to identify critical business functions, acceptable application downtimes, financial loss due to unavailability, their recovery priorities and interdependencies
- Plans, coordinates, and occasionally leads the execution of Business Impact Analyses, Risk Assessments and other BC/DR projects and collaborates with asset management and change management teams on mitigation efforts to minimize the exposure of the organization. Evaluates completed BC and DR exercises to ensure stated objectives are met, to include issue identification/resolution and interdepartmental coordination during recovery exercises. Reviews after action reports to identify opportunities for plan and process improvement
- Coordinates the set-up of alternate facilities for equipment, resources and data to start production for business recovery (Hot Sites). Utilizes knowledge and experience of Hot Sites and personnel, makes critical decisions regarding business recovery and may prioritize/assign Hot Site support tasks to lower level Business Continuity Analysts. Provides status updates to the Crisis Action Team based on feedback from the recovery teams. Recovers multiple computer platforms, networks, operating systems and/or applications. Utilizes contingency planning software tools
- Trains recovery team members and the workforce on BC/DR policies and procedures. Advises and communicates to senior leadership within the department on local/state/federal requirements, industry best practices and provides supporting BC and DR information
- Interacts directly with external clients, according to project requirements. Supports client consultation via subject matter expertise and follow-up assignments for the progression of the project. Participates in vendor contract negotiations by completing research and gathering supporting data as directed.