Business Continuity Manager, DR
- Published: Friday, 06 October 2017 09:46
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Establish and document the DR strategy, ensuring that all of the technical and business stakeholders have their requirements and constraints considered.
- Create and maintain the overall plan for executing the DR process, both in testing and in the event of an emergency situation.
- Provide oversight and assistance to the various technical teams as they develop their individual implementation and testing plans. Ensure these are appropriately added to the document control system and linked into the overall DR process plan.
- Collaborate with our information security specialists to conduct threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments and work with our technical teams to implement any DR strategy improvements recommended.
- Maintain a close collaboration with the systems engineering, cloud architecture and application support teams. Assisting with the design of new solutions and the fielding of new systems to ensure that their concept and design will meet standards for resiliency and reliability.
- During activation of the DR process, assume the role of Disaster Recovery Coordinator, taking a central role in managing the situation and ensuring that the process flows smoothly and efficiently.
- Develop, maintain and enforce a schedule of regularly occurring simulations and tests of the DR processes. During these exercises, ensure the processes are followed and any amendments needed in light of results are captured and properly documented.
- Work closely with members of our Legal Audit and Risk Services team to ensure our standards are adequately documented, published, enforced and maintained in accordance with current industry standards and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- May be asked to accept additional responsibility for other programs with legal, regulatory or industry certification audit requirements as required.