Resilience Manager, EMEA
- Published: Friday, 25 August 2017 15:23
Location: UK, London
The Salesforce Global Security and Safety Department protects the people, brand, business operations, and property of the company across the globe. To accomplish this mission, Salesforce is seeking a Resilience Manager for its EMEA Region who will assist in the efforts to maintain, update, report on, and analyze Salesforce's global business continuity program and maintain its evergreen business impact analysis, while continuing to meet and/or beat industry standards, all compliance requirements and internal and external customer expectations. This position will assist in the development, maintenance, and exercising of the global crisis management teams and programs and will provide support to Crisis Management Team Leaders, during response to incidents impacting Salesforce Ohana (employees and customers) and/or operations.
The EMEA Resilience Manager will report to the Senior Risk Manager and will be tasked with the ongoing development of sustainable, scalable, and innovative solutions that address:
- Expansion and growth of the EMEA Business Continuity Program and business impact analysis program and reporting
- Managing and entering plan and business impact analysis information in the Resilience application built on Salesforce's platform
- Customizing and analyzing reports to identify gaps and risks to be reported to leadership with possible mitigation strategies
- EMEA Business Continuity Program roles/responsibility training and testing
- New plan strategies and development for mergers and acquisitions as well as any new areas / processes
- Incident response coordination for all types of hazards impacting the Salesforce Ohana and operations
This position resides in the Global Security and Safety Department, under the Safety and Resilience Team, which is responsible for the health, safety, business continuity and business impact analysis, and global crisis response programs. The successful candidate for this role will be expected to serve in an on-call rotation for incident response. This position may travel up to 30%.