continuity briefs' provides a summary of new product and services
press releases and other useful resources published recently:
Australia and the US have agreed to work more closely in the areas of cyber security and cyber incident response. In a recent meeting Australia’s Attorney-General Nicola Roxon and US DHS Secretary Napolitano agreed to:
- Enhance information sharing on operational cyber security issues between national cyber incident response teams;
- Collaborate on the development and documentation of cyber security best practices for information technology and industrial control systems;
- Create opportunities for training and education
- Undertake further joint cyber exercises.
The next steps will be a bilateral meeting between officials to develop a prioritised work program.
AT EMC WORLD 2012, EMC unveiled backup and recovery innovations that add new levels of integration, management and performance to its purpose-built backup appliances. EMC claims that the developments will transform the backup and recovery landscape.
- The new EMC Data Domain DD990 deduplication storage system which offers over 6x faster and 3x more capacity than its nearest competitor;
- New EMC Avamar 6.1 deduplication software and system delivers 3x the backup performance and 30x the recovery performance of its nearest competitor in VMware environments.
Read press release.
The Department of Health has released the 2012 Heatwave Plan. The Heatwave Plan and accompanying guidance is intended to raise public and professional awareness on how to prepare in case of severe hot weather and potential heatwaves this summer. More details.
As part of its focus on delivering secure IT infrastructure solutions to enterprises and government agencies in Europe, Terremark has increased its cloud infrastructure capacity by deploying a node of its Enterprise Cloud Managed Edition at its data center in London. With this expansion of cloud capacity, the London data center joins the company’s network of data centers across Europe that serve as the foundation for the secure, enterprise-class services Terremark offers to its multinational customer base.
The London data center provides the robust physical infrastructure that helps Terremark meet the increasing demand from customers for advanced cloud computing, security and IT infrastructure services.
Read press release.
•Date: 23rd May 2012 • Region: Various